Note: Submission of application does not guarantee a badge or a time frame in which it will be issued if clearance is approved.
Authorized Signatories are individuals working for an existing or approved new company at Yampa Valley Regional Airport who are authorized to initiate the process for potential badge applicant based on operational need. Authorized signatories must have an active YVRA issued badge and the Authorized Signatory Training/Refresher Training once a year.
- Fill out Applicant section on first and second page of Badge Application PDF online.
- Print both pages of Application (two sided), sign and date front and back.
- Submit application to Authorized Signatory to complete their section of front page.
- Submit application with two forms of acceptable identification documents in person to the
YVRA Security Office to begin Background check and processing.
TSA Notice May 29, 2019
“Beginning June 4, 2019 all SIDA applicants with a Place of Birth and Citizenship indicated at United States will be required to submit Social Security Numbers. The absence of a valid Social Security Number for this category of SIDA applicants will result in an error.”
Applicants must bring to the Security Office in person, the following Documents/ID required for a Criminal History Records Check (CHRC) and Security Threat Assessment (STA):
Two (2) forms if identification are required:
*Note: A Passport and Government Issued Photo ID combination does not qualify as acceptable two form Identification. Rule is, one document from List A OR List B, AND one document from List C.
- One (1) form of identification MUST be a valid, non-expired, government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license, military ID, or passport that is compliant with REAL ID Standards. For positions requiring driving of equipment, and unexpired state-issued driver’s license issued within the United States must be submitted.
- A second form of identification can include, but is not limited to the following: Social Security Card or Birth Certificate, Certification of Birth Abroad (Form FS-545), Certification of report of Birth Form (DS-1350), US Citizen ID Card Form (I-197).
- Non-U.S. Citizen applicants MUST present their employment authorization documentation.
- An Alien Registration Card must be presented for verification and a Non-Immigrant Visa (U.S. issued, found inside passport) must be presented is applicable.
Once the background check has cleared and access has been approved, applicants are required to complete and pass the necessary security and operations course and tests for their role at YVRA. Once issued a badge, refresher training must be successfully completed once a year to maintain an active badge.
Issue of YVRA Badge
An official YVRA Badge will be issued upon satisfactory completion of the application requirements listed. Failure to complete any of the steps may delay or disqualify applicant from receiving access privileges at YVRA. Badge holders must comply with all rules and regulations to maintain an active badge. Badges are only valid from the day issued through the date displayed on the badge. Expired badges are not valid and must be renewed before they expire or badge holder may be required to reapply and complete all steps of the badging process.
Individuals issued a badge are expected to maintain accountability of the issued badge at all times. If an issued badge becomes lost or stolen, it must be reported to the YVRA Security Office or Operations (Unicom) immediately. A $100 fine will be charge for badges reported lost or stolen.
For more information contact:
Michael Landgren, ACE
Airport Security Coordinator
11005 RCR 51A
P.O. Box 1060
Hayden, CO 81639